The UGC has given guidelines for establishment and monitoring of IQACs’ in Higher Education Institutions (HEIs). The primary goal of IQAC is to develop a quality system for conscious, consistent & catalytic programmed action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the college.
- Development & application of quality benchmarks / parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the college.
- Arrangement for feedback responses from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality related processes.
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars and quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- Documentation of the various programmes and activities of the college, leading to quality enhancement.
- Acting as a nodal agency for co-coordinating quality related activities, including adaption and dissemination of good practices.
- Ensure heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement.
- Ensure enhancement and integration among the various activities of the college and institutionalize good practices.
- Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve functioning of the college.
- Act as a catalyst for quality changes in the college.
Perspective Plan for the college 2017-2020
Recognising the importance of having a structured, long term perspective plan, the IQAC of the college, which has representatives from all stake holders, has mapped out a plan after extensive deliberations. This has been approved by the Governing Body.
The details are provided below:
Teaching & Learning:
Optimising the use of virtual classrooms incrementally, by familiarising teachers with the scope and method of its deployment. Strengthening these practice of unitisation of the syllabus, by making it more detailed, to systematise curriculum delivery.
Developing stated programme outcomes, Course Outcomes and Course Specific Outcomes, and communicating them to the students.
Enriching the learning experience of the students through special lectures, seminars, workshops in related areas as well as syllabus- specific topics.
Encouraging students towards higher education, and competitive examinations such as UPSC, WBCS, NET, CA, CS, etc., through constant academic mentoring.
Encouraging soft skills development in students to equip them for the future.
Research and Development and Publication:
The Research and Publication cell of the college is to approve proposals from faculty members for research projects after due approval by a panel of experts.
The college will fund such projects as are selected on the basis of properly formulated norms and recommendations by expert panels.
College publications are to be encouraged.
More ISBNs are to be applied for.
Industry collaboration for projects should be encouraged.
Teachers receiving awards for paper presentations in other educational institutions, or, authoring or editing books based on original research will be recognised.
The college will acquire real estate adjoining its boundaries and will move towards extension of its campus to accommodate its growing needs.
Existing laboratories will be expanded.
Library space for stacking will be increased.
More library reading space to be created.
Library should be fully RFID equipped, covering issue-return and shelf location.
The college recognises its responsibility towards society in spreading awareness regarding various social issues. The NSS, as well as the different collectives and committees will be tasked with engaging students and teachers in organising social work. NGOs may be approached to collaborate.
The college will enter into linkages with other educational institutions in collaborative academic enrichment through joint seminars/workshops and teacher exchange programmes.
It is hereby notified that as per the resolution adopted in the Governing Body Meeting of 9th January, 2021, The Internal Quality Assurance Cell of the college has been reconstituted with effect from the date of notification till further notice. It includes the following members:
Chairperson – Dr. Subhabrata Gangopadhyay (ex-officio)
|Name of the Members||Designation|
|Mr. Tathagata Sen||Co-ordinator|
|1. Ms. Debjani Ganguly
2. Dr. Joyeeta Bhadury
3. Dr. Anupa Ghosh
4. Dr. Ivy Dasgupta
5. Mr. Sayan Roy
6. Ms. Atreyee Ganguly
7. Dr. Saugata Konar
8. Dr. Sampa Sinha Basu
|Mr. Miraj Shah / Dr. Sandip Dan||Management Representative|
|1. Prof. Dilip Shah
2. Dr. Tridib Sengupta
3. Dr. Samir Kanti Datta
4. Prof. Ananyya Banerjee
5. Prof. Saspo Chakraborty
6. Prof. Paramita Chakravarty
7. Prof. Minakshi Chaturvedi
8. Dr. Pinki Shah Sardar
9. Mr. Ashish Maitra
10. Mr. Anirban Sarkar
11. Mr. Minesh Maniar
12. Mr. Prasanta Chowdhury
|Senior Administrative Officers|
|Mr. Rohit Shukla||Representative of Local Society|
|Nehal Mehta (0704200011)||Student Member|
|Mr. Indraneel Bhattacharya||Alumni Member|
|Mr. Dinesh Thakker||Industrialist|
|Mr. Jayshanker Gopalan||Employer|
|Mr. Dilip Kumar Mandal||Parents Representative|