Since last month, our team members have been giving their best so as to help the covid-19 affected people with hospital beds, blood, plasma, oxygen cylinders, injections and medicines.
I feel obliged to bring to your kind notice that our Reach Out team has been successfully able to help more than 120 people. All our cadets are working extremely hard to achieve their goal of helping as many people as they can.
With immense pride, I would like to tell you that we have some extraordinary cadets who came forth during this period of crisis, despite the risk that prevails these days.
1) Cdt Gaurav Shashi Sharma went to his school teacher Ms. Myrtle Kitt’s house, she is corona positive, her oxygen level was falling also she started panicking as she lived alone, Inspite of knowing the risks, Gaurav went to her place, accompanied and took care of his teacher, while our team was trying to arrange oxygen for her.
2) Cdt Shubhodip Saha Choudhury went out searching for an oxygen cylinder for Ms Kitt at 2200hrs, he searched for almost 2-3 hrs that day as it wasn’t available in that area, and finally found one.
3) Cdt Sneha Sethiya, herself recovered from Corona around mid April and despite the weakness post-corona, she has been giving her best and has been working both actively and simultaneously for the bed, oxygen and injection teams.
4) Cdt. Ankit Kr. Singh along with his local friends in his hometown i.e. Silliguri is helping the locals with oxygen cylinders, admitting them to hospitals, arranging injection and medicines etc. He is also using his social media accounts to stop spreading rumours about the Novel Corona Virus and spreading awareness among the common mass.
5) Cdt Bipul Narayan took up the case of a 3 days old infant and a 6 months old baby, both were from Delhi, they lost both their parents to Covid-19. After working on this case for a week, finally on 6th May, both the babies were adopted by a couple from Sector-4 B.S.City, Jharkhand. Also a boy, from Ranchi named Manish Kumar contacted him as his family had serious financial crisis, and couldn’t afford his father’s covid treatment. Our hero Bipul has raised some money via social media and helped him.
Cdt Ashutosh Kumar Jha, Yash Burman, Siddharth Thakur, Shashank Shekhar Tiwari, Ojoshwita Mukherjee and all our cdts are working really hard and are not only serving the people across West Bengal but also India.
As per our plan we have been able to lend our helping hand to Delhi, Pune, Bihar, Rajasthan, and will try further to Reach Out to the rest of the country.